Week of April 16-20
There's lots of busy and great things happening in class this week :)
- new spelling lists (#11) have been handed out to study. As well as studying, this week's homework assignment is spelling assignment #3 is due Friday morning.
- Math review quiz. This quiz will be the same length and type of questions as on the study quiz sent home the beginning of last week. These skills in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing are key concepts for continuing to grow in math each year.
- ZAP interactive presentation about electrical safety @1:00
-Novel study questions for chapters 1-6 are due
- Novel study assignments are due. Grade 4: Cause and effect. Grade 5: Characterization
- Reading Records are due. Please sign these if you have had a chance to look at the completeness of your child's answers. How much detail, as well as how specific their answers are, help to show greater understanding of the novels they are choosing to read.
- Spelling test and homework are due
- Flashlight Friday! Our windows have some new coverings to add a little more darkness to our classroom and we're going to try again for another Flashlight Friday. Students are invited to bring either a pillow or blanket to make a cozy reading nest, along with their own flashlight, for a period of sustained reading.